2 Story Passive Solar Gambrel House Plan
2 - 3
About This Plan
- This 2 story gambrel house plan is designed to maximize your passive solar gain to deliver energy savings. Orient the "solar side" to the south to take advantage of all the windows.
- The entry is located off the front porch. From the foyer, you'll enjoy views shooting through to the back of the home.
- The kitchen has lots of counter space and a service counter gives you room for company while you cook. More formal meals can be served in the light-filled formal dining room and casual eats in the breakfast nook.
- Note the mudroom, a great space that helps minimize clutter in the main portion of the house. It comes with cubbies and a drop table with a recharge center. One more nice touch: a built-in recycling center accessible from side entry and the garage.
- The bedrooms are all upstairs, as is the laundry to add to your convenience. The maser has a huge dressing closet with his and her sides to it.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,488 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,011 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,477 sq. ft.
- Attic: 415 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2 or 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 41' 0"
- Depth: 42' 6"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 466 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- New American
- 2nd Floor Master Suite