3-Bed Craftsman Cottage House Plan with Bonus Room
About This Plan
- Rich, warm wood accents complement the stone porch columns on this 3-bed Craftsman cottage house plan. The entry porch is framed with wood columns and accented with stone. Two dormers above the main living area and the garage space break up the roofline for a cozy, rustic design.
- The foyer has room for a drop-off and pick-up station. A simple array of coat hooks or a table with chargers and backpack bins would be nice. The foyer leads to vaulted great room. Windows face the front property and maximize the natural lighting. A stone fireplace is located on the left wall.
- Informal large openings into the dining area with front-facing transom windows allow for both impressive, formal sit-down meals and more casual gatherings.
- The kitchen offers generous counter space in an L-shaped design. Additional seating is available at the high-low bar for up to four guests. A prep island allows for more cook space and storage. The rear of the kitchen features a cozy breakfast room overlooking the outdoor grilling porch.
- The master suite occupies the back of the home. The bedroom has windows on three sides and a tray ceiling. The bath features a dual sink vanity, a 6’ bathtub a large enclosed shower and an enclosed toilet for added privacy.
- A centrally located laundry room and half bath are located just past the staircase. Hanging racks offer quick clean-up after fresh loads finish and there is more than enough space for a side-by-side washer and dryer.
- The mudroom features a kid’s nook for art projects, homework, or any special activity and leads into the 2-car garage with storage room.
- Upstairs, Bedroom 2 has a side-facing window and a modest step-in closet and a unique shape making it work as a shared bedroom for similarly aged children. Bedroom 3 sits at the front of the home plan upstairs. A window seat gathers the day’s light through front-facing windows. Bedroom 3 can also operate nicely as an office. At the end of the landing, on the far right of the upper level, is the bonus room with front- and side-facing windows. Use this space as a game room, a library, or a home theater! The Bonus Room has an almost limitless ability to fill your lifestyle need.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,986 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,456 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 530 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 146 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 450 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Daylight, Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 51' 0"
- Depth: 67' 8"
- Max ridge height: 27' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 618 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick