3-Bed House Plan with Sweeping Rooflines
About This Plan
- Sweeping rooflines harmonize with brick, stone and stucco accents to enhance the flair of this French Country-style, 1-1/2 story house plan.
- Upon entry, a visual feast greets guest, as a pair of matching, curved staircases sweep upwards from the entry hall to the second level. On either side of the entry hall, a dining room and a raised living room with fireplace present formal impressions.
- An arched opening alongside the living room's fireplace leads to a secluded library with built-in bookcases.Farther beyond the entry hall lies the great room with see-thru fireplace and a wall of windows set beneath a 2-story-high ceiling. The fireplace is shared by the hearth room, which interacts openly with the breakfast area and kitchen.
- The kitchen has an impressive amount of counter space in addition to an island work station and large walk-in pantry. From the breakfast area, dining options can be expanded to the rear deck.Just off the kitchen lies a utility area that includes a laundry room opposite a large walk-in closet.
- A mud room with built-in benches intercepts traffic from the 5-car garage area, which includes one 2-car, front-load garage and one 3-car, side-load garage. From the 2-car garage, a stairway rises to a very private, upper-level bedroom suite with bath. Another stairway, from the mudroom, accesses all of the other upper-level secondary bedrooms.
- Double doors lead to the master suite, which lies well-separated from the main living areas. The bedroom has a 10-foot-high ceiling and accesses a private deck. The bath area is luxuriously appointed, with his-and-her vanities, soaking tub, compartmented toilet, his-and-her walk-in showers and a generously sized walk-in closet with a window.
- All secondary bedrooms on the upper level include walk-in closets and built-in desks. Bedrooms 2 and 3 have their own private baths. Bedrooms 4 and 5 share a Jack-n-Jill bath.
- A loft area provides a sense of open space and adjoins the upper-level landing, which provides views to the great room and entry hall below. Just off the loft, a laundry room serves all secondary bedrooms.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 5,671 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 3,529 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 2,142 sq. ft.
- Deck: 535 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 75 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 5
- Full bathrooms: 5
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Crawl, Slab, Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 110' 11"
- Depth: 82' 8"
- Max ridge height: 34' 10"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 1621 sq. ft.
- Count: 5 Cars
- Entry Location: Front, Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick