3-Bed Raised Cottage House Plan with Exposed Beams Inside
About This Plan
- This authentic raised southern cottage-style home plan requires a very small building site due to the extremely compact layout. Inside, it is packed with features typically found in larger homes. The main floor is open, spacious and airy and features 9’ ceilings and large windows for maximum view and light.
- The kitchen is spacious and has a buffet serving area and a built-in wine rack. The island has a 42”-high raised eating bar and a downdraft cook top. Exposed beams are found in both the kitchen and dining area.
- The living room has soaring 2-story ceilings with exposed beams and there is wall-to-wall glass opening to the rear porch.
- Porches front and rear give you two outdoor spaces to enjoy.
- Built-in shelves are found on each side of the open stairwell.
- The master suite is conveniently located on the main level and it has a full bath with a walk-in closet comparable to much larger homes.
- Upstairs there is a balcony that overlooks the stairwell and the living room below. Two secondary bedrooms and another full bath round out the upper level features.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,334 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 902 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 432 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 632 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 36' 0"
- Depth: 44' 0"
- Max ridge height: 23' 0"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick