Plans include the following:
- Cover sheet with general information
- Foundation plan drawn to 1/4" scale - if the foundation is a basement or crawlspace, a floor framing plan will be included indicating the floor joist or trusses.
- Foundation footing details
- Fully dimensioned floor plan which indicates all plumbing fixture locations, cabinet locations, beam locations and sizes, door & window schedules, design load charts and general notes. Also included are tables for all dimensional lumber sizes such as ceiling joist, rafters and floor joists.
- Front, rear and side elevations which call out exterior finish materials
- Building sections, enlarged drawings of the cornice and wall construction at various area of the exterior
- Interior elevations that have built-in cabinets or areas with special wall detail such as a fireplace wall.
- Roof plan indicating planes of the roof and a birds eye view of the roof configuration. Electrical plan indication location of all wall outlets, lighting and switch locations along with a schedule of electrical symbols.
- Construction details - schedules for the interior finish, exterior finish, electrical schedule
What is not included in the plans:
- Architectural or Engineering
- Site Plan
- Mechanical Drawings (location of
heating and air equipment and duct work)
- Plumbing Drawings (drawings
showing the actual plumbing pipe sizes and locations)
- Energy calculations