A Texas-Style Ranch
About This Plan
- A fieldstone exterior and raised-seam metal roofs work in harmony to add visual excitement to this sprawling Texas rancher. Decorative wide-board shutters trim the front door which is centered on the covered front porch. Visually the porch roof connects the left and right wings of the design and anchors them to center section of the house.
- 11'6' ceilings brighten the interior. The vaulted ceiling in the living room (19') is ringed with windows that flood the space with light. Other living room amenities include a media niche and a two-sided fireplace that also warms the kitchen.
- The kitchen is positioned to serve the dining room, the family room, and the living room. Pantry space is plentiful and the island workstation includes a sink. Amenities in the adjacent laundry room include a plethora of storage shelves. French doors in the family room open to a screen porch.
- Three children's bedrooms with ample closet space are situated to the left of the entryway. Two have window-seats, and two also share a compartmented bath. For maximum seclusion, the master suite is tucked away behind the family room. Its huge walk-in closet is ringed with shelving. The master spa-bath includes a whirlpool tub, dual vanities, and a separate shower. A private master bedroom screen porch completes the house plan.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,970 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,970 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Standard Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Width: 65' 6"
- Depth: 66' 2"
- Max ridge height: 20' 0"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 11' 6"