A Wall of Windows
About This Plan
- A large dormer, a gable over the garage and a covered front porch contribute to the cozy appearance of this two-story design. In back, four windows topped by transoms occupy an entire wall of the great room, providing a marvelous view to the rear.
- A see-through fireplace can be enjoyed from either the great room or the bayed breakfast nook, which also contains a built-in planning desk. A snack bar separates the breakfast area from the kitchen. Note the laundry sink in the nearby mudroom-laundry room.
- The entry foyer is open to a formal dining room with a box-bay window and space for a hutch.
- The master suite includes a walk-in closet and a bath with a corner whirlpool tub, separate shower and two sinks.
- Upstairs you'll find the hall bath and two bedrooms.
- Related Plans: See plan 40728DB for a version using Structural Insulated Panel (SIP) construction.
- See these related house plans: 4052DB, 41726DB , 42295DB and 4020DB.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,869 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,421 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 448 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 52' 0"
- Depth: 47' 4"
- Max ridge height: 25' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 480 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick