A Welcoming Home
About This Plan
- A columned front porch beckons your guests inside this friendly home.
- The hard-surfaced entry is open to the formal dining room, notable for its recessed windows and its hutch space. Straight ahead is the great room, where a high ceiling and five windows with transoms create a light-filled, high-volume effect.
- The great room shares a see-through fireplace with the bayed breakfast nook and the C-shaped kitchen, where the features include a built-in desk, a peninsula snack bar and a walk-in pantry.
- An elegant sloped ceiling sets the mood in the master bedroom. The adjacent compartmented master bath pampers its occupants with a large walk-in closet, a corner whirlpool tub, separate shower and two sinks.
- The three upstairs bedrooms, one with a built-in desk, share a hall bath. Future expansion is possible over the garage, with access from the hall.
- Related Plans: Get alternate versions with house plans 4052DB (1,858 square feet) and 41726DB (2,029 square feet), 42295DB (2,196 sq. ft.) and 4086DB ( 1,869 sq. ft.).
- Get a Craftsman exterior and more room with house plan 42296DB.
- Get SIP exterior walls with house plan 40728DB.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,999 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,421 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 578 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 1,421 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 52' 0"
- Depth: 47' 4"
- Max ridge height: 25' 5"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 475 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick