Accented Brick with Corner Quoins
About This Plan
- A harmonious blend of shapes and textures give this home plan a visually engaging front fa'ade. Bold raised corner quoins accent the fine regularity of the brick veneer, and these two materials are again integrated in the graceful keystone arch that crowns a set of multipaned windows.
- Rectangular shutters offset the crisp lines of lap siding on one side, and the airy grid of multipaned windows on the other. One column, simple and stately, supports the roof of a covered porch that could be home to an old-fashioned porch swing, or other comfortable outdoor furniture.
- Entering, you step into a vaulted entry that leads directly into a spacious vaulted great room. Light spills in through two atrium windows at the rear. The left a door that swings open to access one of two patios or decks.
- A partially enclosed dining room is open to the entry on the left. This space has an elegant tray ceiling, and is suffused with subdued light washing in through two wide multipaned windows. The kitchen is large and linked to a sunny morning room.
- Four bedrooms cluster together in the right wing. Amenities in the large master suite include a deep walk-in closet, and a two-section bathroom. The bedroom closet to the front door is an excellent location for a home office. A door could be added for direct access from the porch.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,195 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,195 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 65' 0"
- Depth: 55' 0"
- Max ridge height: 24' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 562 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss