Adult Privacy in Farmhouse Plan
About This Plan
- Covered porches are found in both the front and the rear of this farmhouse . Inside, 9-foot ceilings are standard, with an 11-foot step-up ceiling in the fireplaced living room.
- A study is found on one side of the foyer. On the other side is a formal dining room, conveniently close to the kitchen. In back, an eating nook sits in a windowed bay.
- Ideal for quick snacks, the angled eating bar separates the kitchen from the nook and the living room. Notice the planning desk in one corner of the kitchen.
- Accessed via a short hallway and tucked away behind the garage, the master suite offers maximum privacy to its occupants. In the spacious master bath, a whirlpool tub is placed between his and her walk-in closets. The bath also contains twin vanities and a walk-in shower with a seat.
- On the other side of the house, the second full bath serves two family bedrooms.
- Foundation: slab or crawl space.
- Related Plans: For a smaller version with a side-entry garage, see house plan 3408VL (1,771 sq. ft.).
- Gain a bedroom with house plan 3424VL (2,519 sq. ft.).
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,069 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,069 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 120 sq. ft.
- Porch, Rear: 270 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Width: 70' 0"
- Depth: 58' 8"
- Max ridge height: 24' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 481 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 4 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick