American Classic with 2-Story Great Room
3 - 4
About This Plan
- This European style 1-1/2 story design offers luxurious features in a moderately-sized home. The appealing stucco and cut stone exterior is accented with multi-level trim and copper roofing returns. Careful planning creates a dramatic openness which belies it's compact 1871 square foot interior.
- Just beyond the beveled glass front door with it's sidelights and transom lies an open foyer which vaults to 18'. To the right is an 11'x 15' dining room with a 4" raised floor surrounded by decorative columns. Just beyond the "bridge" is the 19' x 14' great room with a fireplace centered between two french door units with radius windows above.
- The master suite vaults to 12' and is brightened by a 6' Palladian window. It includes a full-featured vaulted bath and a 6' x 11' closet.
- The grand 11' x 10' kitchen is lit by twin sky-lights and provides a breakfast bar. There's also a large laundry room with a laundry tub. Lower level rooms which are not vaulted have 9' ceilings.
- Related Plan: Get a side-entry garage with house plan 2087GA.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,871 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,405 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 466 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3 or 4
- Full bathrooms: 2 or 3
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 54' 0"
- Depth: 44' 0"
- Max ridge height: 26' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 400 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick