Arched Windows and Contemporary Flavor
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Families who enjoy entertaining are sure to appreciate this house plan's flowing, spacious floor plan. Arched windows and a hipped roof give a contemporary flavor to this rambling, single-story home plan that is easily adaptable for wheelchair accessibility.
- Natural light is abundant in all of the gathering spaces. It spills into the entry though sidelights and a transom, while a couple more transoms cap banks of windows in the dining room. Windows fill most of the vaulted living room's front wall as well. The lower windows are crowned by a dramatic assemblage of half-round, quarter-round and rectangular sets of panes. Bookcases flank a gas fireplace centered on one wall.
- Three arched openings give the partially octagonal dining room an airy, open feeling. The kitchen and main bathroom are also octagonal in theme.
- Another vaulted ceiling expands the sense of spaciousness in the family room and nook, where a second gas fireplace nestles into a corner by the wide rear windows.
- Ceiling height drops to 10 feet in the kitchen, which is largely open to the family room. It comes generously supplied with storage cabinets, and plenty of counter space, allowing family and friends to work their culinary magic together. A pantry and central work island add even more.
- Laundry appliances are only steps away in the deep passthrough space that links kitchen and garage. This area, too, is richly supplied with counters, cabinets and a sink.
- Luxuries in the master suite include: a sun-washed sitting area, semi-private covered patio, and a deep walk-in closet. The private bathroom boasts a walk-in shower, spa tub, dual vanity, and private toilet. Both of the secondary bedrooms have direct access to their own bathrooms.