Back To Basics
About This Plan
- The simple A-frame shape is used to frame twin structures separated by a wide deck for sunbathing, entertaining, or simply enjoying the outdoors.
- The cabin's living-dining-kitchen area is located in the structure to the right. There is ample room to cook on an electric stove placed under the slanting roof, eat around a small table, and gather around the wood stove on sofa or chairs. One finds space for a small refrigerator under the counter of this vacation home; and a ladder behind the door can reach a large storage loft covering the room.
- Across the deck, the opposite small A-frame holds the bathroom and bedroom area, which easily sleeps four adults. Next to the bathroom is an access panel to the home's pressure tank and water heater; and this side also holds an additional storage loft above the room.
- This is a comfortable little leisure home that is the perfect weekend or summer retreat; and it has a design so simple that its 576 square feet of living space may be built by even an amateur carpenter.
- Foundation: crawl space
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 576 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 576 sq. ft.
- Deck: 416 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 1
- Full bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 48' 0"
- Depth: 18' 0"
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss