Big House Feeling In a Narrow Envelope
About This Plan
- This ingenious house plan overcomes the negatives of a narrow house.
- To achieve a spacious feeling, entrances to major spaces are placed at angles. The living-dining room is entered from a distinct foyer, complete with a decorative niche and low walls that define but do not restrict.
- Next to another niche, an angled archway leads to the family center, consisting of an open kitchen, a breakfast room and a family room with an optional fireplace, all with vaulted ceilings. The covered patio is also vaulted, reinforcing the spacious feeling.
- The master suite, with panoramic views, features a marvelous bath with all the amenities. Another full bath serves the family bedrooms.
- Ceiling heights start at 8' at the side walls and rise up to 14'6" at the center line of the house.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,768 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,768 sq. ft.
- Covered Patio: 123 sq. ft.
- Entry: 65 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Width: 40' 0"
- Depth: 60' 0"
- Max ridge height: 21' 4"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 374 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 7 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss