Blended Country Contemporary
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- The house plan is a harmonious blend of country and contemporary. Multiple roof lines, a half-round window and a stepped chimney cap provide contemporary touches, while the oval glass in the door and the wrap-around porch exude a homey, country flavor.
- The living room, left of the foyer, is far brighter than a traditional parlor. A wide window bay expands this room, and more light spills in through a side window.
- The great room ceiling is a full two stories high. Windows flank the broad-hearthed masonry fireplace, and double columns grace both sides of the arch leading into the vaulted, skylit dining room. Sliders at the rear open onto a patio that's also accessible from the richly glassed, high-ceilinged, octagonal nook.
- In the kitchen, the sink, stove and refrigerator cluster in an efficient triangle. The work island adds counter space, and a small powder room is just around the corner. Storage is under the stairway, and two closets are across the hall.
- Laundry appliances are in a utility room that connects with the three-car garage.
- Amenities in the vaulted master suite include skylights, a sitting bay, covered patio, huge walk-in closet, and a bathroom with dual vanity, spa tub and separate shower.
- At the top of the stairs is a large loft with a built-in desk and shelves. Two bedrooms share one bathroom. The vaulted front bedroom, equipped with its own private bathroom, could be used as a guest room.