Bold Corner Quoins
About This Plan
- Graceful keystone arches and bold corner quoins lend a classic look to this home plan. Smooth, painted columns enhance the effect, while supporting the roof of a wide and welcoming covered porch. This is basically a single story home with a recreation room, storage and bathroom over the garage.
- Entering, you step into an entry where muted light spills in through slender panes of glass on both sides of the door. A wide opening on the right leads into a room that could be furnished as either a dining room or a parlor.
- Windows flank the gas fireplace in the spacious great room at the core of this plan.
- Glass fills most of the exterior wall of a bayed nook that expands the large country kitchen. Sliders in the central section provide easy access to the partially covered patio. The covered area could be screened in for bug-free outdoor dining, if the owners prefer.
- A hobby room is linked to the nook, just past stairs leading to the recreation room.
- Bedrooms cluster together on the left side, and storage cabinets line the hallway.
- Master suite features in this house plan include a deep walk-in closet and a luxurious master bathroom with spa tub and dual vanity, plus separately enclosed shower and toilet.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,961 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,514 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 447 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 70' 0"
- Depth: 60' 0"
- Max ridge height: 24' 4"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 651 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss