Bonus Living Unit
3 - 4
About This Plan
- A self-contained living unit over the garage could be rented out as a separate apartment, or outfitted to serve as a family room and home office. The complex has a bedroom, a fully equipped kitchen and a sitting area with a small dining bay.
- From the entry, you see a large coat closet to the right and two stairways to the left. Descending steps lead down to the garage, and the ascending stairway climbs to the self-contained unit.
- It's one step down from the entry to the sunken living room and den. Both rooms open onto a wide wrap-around deck. A corner fireplace provides warmth and color.
- The living room, dining room and den flow together, but the dining room is one step higher, on the same level as the kitchen. Skylights brighten the living room and dining room, and vaulted ceilings expand both.
- The large country kitchen is open to the dining room. Conveniences here include built-in appliances and a combination work island/eating bar.
- A vaulted ceiling and custom windows add volume and light to the sumptuous owners' retreat. Other luxury features include a walk-in closet large enough to house a small elephant, and a private bathroom complete with sauna, oversized shower and huge spa tub. Sliding glass doors open onto a small deck. The adjacent vaulted and sky lit loft overlooks the living room.
- Two other bedrooms, both large, are on the main floor.
- Ceilings: 8' standard.
- Foundation: crawl space.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,851 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,580 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,271 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3 or 4
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 54' 0"
- Depth: 56' 6"
- Max ridge height: 33' 3"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 660 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 7 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss