Bright and Breezy
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Brick veneer mixes with smooth stucco to clad this bright and breezy house plan. This is not your typical rectangular floor plan, though you'll find enough squared corners inside to put you at ease. The dining room is an elongated octagon, linked to a basically rectangular kitchen that is wide open on another side to a vaulted, half-octagonal great room.
- The short hallway linking the foyer to the carport is almost straight. But the hallway that leads to the owners' suite cuts a long, bold diagonal that leads past a home office, before offering entry to the owners' bathroom, huge walk-in closet, and finally the roomy sleeping area.
- A long work island with built-in prep sink mimics the shape of the well-appointed kitchen. The conversation bar that rims the sink island segues into a raised eating bar as it angles off toward the dining room. The pastry counter that nestles into a windowed corner could be marble, if desired. A roomy walk-in pantry fills a much larger corner at the opposite end of the counter.
- The owners' suite is well-isolated from this busy, multi-functional gathering space. Luxury touches here include: a wide window bay in the sleeping area, large walk-in closet with pull-down ironing board, and a deluxe, skylit bathroom with an oversized shower.
- In the nearby office, which could also be a bedroom, there's a closet designed for use as a sewing nook. Both the office and the guest room have direct access to the bathroom between them. A skylight brightens that bathroom. Another naturally illuminates the powder room, which is conveniently close to the foyer, utility room, and a carport with enclosed storage at the rear.