Bright Conemporary with Screened Porch
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- A wide screened porch spans the entire rear of the contemporary-style houes plan, a bright and airy home with two fireplaces and a three-car garage. Interesting ceilings combine with a wealth of windows to create a relaxing sense of openness throughout.
- Informality is a key concept here. The home plan doesn't waste space on expensively furnished rooms that stand idle most of the time. But the bright vaulted entry, lined with plant shelves and a storage closet, is impressive all the same.
- Kitchen, nook and family room are all of a piece, though the eating bar and flat ceiling do provide a somewhat separate sense of identity for the kitchen. Storage and counter spaces are ample, augmented by a walk-in pantry.
- Nook and family room are vaulted, with a ceiling that slopes down from the lofty apex in four directions. Sliders open onto the screened porch. A gas fireplace nestles into a rear corner, and high plant shelves rim the front walls above.
- Utilities and a half bath are mere steps away. The laundry room has a wide closet with shelves at one end. The rest could be outfitted with shelves too, or left for hanging clothes fresh from the dryer. This room is directly accessible from a garage large enough to house three vehicles and still have plenty of storage space left over.
- The comfortable vaulted master suite has a fireplace, sitting area, and sliding glass doors. A 7-foot wall hides the double vanity from the sleeping area. Toilet and shower are fully enclosed, as is the huge walk-in closet. Secondary bedrooms share a two-section bathroom.