Cape Cod Bungalow
About This Plan
- In some ways, this home plan is reminiscent of a 19th century Cape Cod bungalow, but it has a distinctly Craftsman-style flavor as well.
- The Cape Cod styling is evident in the lap siding and shingle cladding, plus the front gable orientation. Craftsman touches include the stone veneer wainscoting, tapered columns and multipaned window arrangements.
- Inside, it's totally contemporary.
- A study/home office is on the left side of the vaulted foyer, and a naturally bright dining room is on the right. The study has a closet at the rear. Windows fill much of the dining room's two walls, and a pocket door slides open to provide kitchen access.
- Straight down the hall from the entry is a vaulted great room and nook, both of which are fully open to the kitchen. A gas fireplace nestles in one rear corner, while two sets of wide windows sparkle across the back wall. Both nook windows are doorway tall, and one is an atrium door that opens onto the partially covered patio.
- The master suite is rich in storage space as well. Most notable are the two large walk-in closets. Its luxurious bathroom boasts a deep soaking tub, over-sized cultured marble shower, twin vanities, dressing table, and a totally private toilet.
- Two more bedrooms are upstairs, along with a two-section bathroom, a roomy storage closet and a huge bonus room.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,497 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,875 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 622 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 374 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 53' 0"
- Depth: 66' 0"
- Max ridge height: 29' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 606 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss