Cedar Covered Contemporary Home Plan
3 - 4
About This Plan
- At center is a vaulted and naturally illuminated hexagonal great room. Light streams down through skylights in each of six wedge-shaped ceiling sections and washes in through windows in the three rear walls that rim a covered deck. At center is a hefty woodstove.
- In the kitchen and nook, the ceiling drops to an 8-foot height, more practical for focusing artificial light sources on the cooking island, appliance center and eating area. Sink, eating bar and one of several counters extend out into the vaulted central area.
- Long ledges over the kitchen and office/guest room make ideal locations for plants or displays. Utilities and a large walk-in pantry are but steps away. Two bedrooms, each with a walk-in closet, share a two-section bathroom. The two-car garage has built-in storage and a workbench.
- Luxuries and space abound in the vaulted master suite. Double doors access a covered deck designed to accommodate a spa.
- The house plan's walk-in closet is quite large, and across from it there's yet another closet. Other amenities include a corner spa tub and dual vanity. A pocket door closes off toilet and shower. The direct exterior access is handy for outdoor spa users.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,568 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,568 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3 or 4
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 99' 0"
- Depth: 76' 4"
- Max ridge height: 22' 10"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 552 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss