Charming Vacation Retreat
About This Plan
- Designed as a vacation retreat home for a couple or single, this home plan is as charming as it is compact. Windows, stacked three high, fill most of its A-frame rear wall, offering a panoramic view of the sea, lake, mountains, or other natural landscape.
- This plan is economical to build, heat and maintain. Its footprint, including porches, is only 31 feet wide and 35 feet deep. Clean-lined batt and boards cover the exterior, while sleek twin columns support covered porches on both the front and side.
- A lofty, two-story, vaulted ceiling adds to the expansive sense of openness in the great room.
- The kitchen is comparatively large for a home this size. It has a roomy walk-in pantry, and plenty of counter space. A raised conversation bar rims the outer edge of the angled peninsula.
- Storage closets line the hallway that leads to the front porch, bathroom, and combination utility/hobby room. Laundry appliances hide behind folding doors, so this space could also double as a guest room.
- The sleeping area of the master suite could be an entirely open-ended loft, or sectioned off behind the landing for more privacy. The master bathroom boasts a luxurious spa tub.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,211 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 845 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 366 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 1 or 2
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 31' 0"
- Depth: 35' 0"
- Max ridge height: 24' 0"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss