Classic Prairie Style House Plan
About This Plan
- Form follows function as dual gallery halls lead from formal areas to split sleeping quarters in this Prairie house plan adaptation. At the heart of the house plan, the grand-scale great room offers a raised-hearth fireplace framed by built-in cabinetry and plant shelves.
- Traditional formal rooms blend into more open, casual living areas through classic archways.
- Open planning combines the country kitchen with an informal dining space and adds an island counter with a snack bar.
- A lavish master suite harbors a sitting area with private access to the covered pergola.
- The secondary sleeping wing includes a spacious guest suite with an angled whirlpool tub.
- A home office or guest bedroom offers its own door to the wraparound porch.
- Related Plan: Need less space? Get a side-entry garage with house plan 81312W (2,626 s.f.).
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 3,278 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 3,278 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 1,410 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 75' 1"
- Depth: 69' 4"
- Max ridge height: 24' 0"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 6"
- Primary Pitch: 4 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss