Colonial Home with Screened Porch
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- This compactly designed house is so efficiently arranged that it incorporates all the features of much larger homes while allowing the construction cost to remain modest.
- The additions of garage and screened porch extend the street facade to an impressive breadth.
- A deeply recessed entranceway shelters visitors.
- The first impression upon entering the beautifully proportioned foyer is that of a roomy, traditional American home.
- The large living room with curved corners spans the entire left side of the home with two perfectly aligned archways on either side of the foyer.
- Both the living room and the formal dining room are refreshed with healthy cross ventilation.
- The dining room is so designed as to eliminate the need to negotiate table and chairs when moving from one room to another.
- Generous counter space can be found in the kitchen along with a useful floor-to-ceiling pantry.
- Pocket doors close the kitchen off from view when entertaining.
- A triple window bathes the stair landing with light and illuminates the wide second floor passage.
- This passage leads to the three bedrooms and to one of the two bathrooms.
- Both the minor bedrooms enjoy cross ventilation and feature arched alcoves to hold dressers, which would ordinarily protrude into the room.
- The generously-sized master bedroom has cross ventilation, two closets and a private bathroom, completing the upper floor.
- A large roof over a roomy attic will allow for future expansion, and will easily accept the addition of dormers and skylights.
- Related Plans: Want a different exterior? See house plans 11607GC and 11608GC. Need a lower level in-law suite complete with kitchen? See house plan 11612GC.