Colonial Plan with Towering Foyer
About This Plan
- Designed for a lot that slopes up, this traditional home plan is enriched by details. Horizontal lap siding and brick complement each other. Multipane windows, brick flower boxes, and a sheltered entry reinforce the upscale appearance of the three-level home. Inside, a towering foyer is capped by a window and anchored by a curved staircase.
- The living room and dining room work together for entertaining. Tall tray ceilings and a fireplace surrounded by windows distinguish this hospitality center. The den could serve as a fifth bedroom because it's adjacent to a bath with a shower.
- Casual spaces stretch across the back of the house. A fireplace flanked by storage units captures center stage in the family room. In the kitchen, an angular island outfitted with a cooktop boosts functionality. The eating areas are adjacent to the kitchen, easing meal service whether you're serving soup and sandwiches in the breakfast nook or a ten-course meal in the dining room.
- A mud room with laundry facilities serves as a transition between the public spaces and the stairway to the garage. An enclosed room in the garage houses the furnace and water heater.
- The master suite is charmed by tray ceilings and stairstep walls that create cozy nooks. A whirlpool tub occupies one such nook in the bath. The bath also harbors a shower and twin sink vanities. Three additional bedrooms and a bath also occupy the second floor.
- Related Plans: See these alternate versions - 6853AM, 69297AM and 69298AM.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,913 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,572 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,341 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 66' 0"
- Depth: 48' 0"
- Max ridge height: 32' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 726 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Framing Type: Stick