Colonial-Style House Plan with Contemporary Amenit
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- While this home's brick exterior is clearly colonial, its interior is fully contemporary.
- Bookend chimneys bracket a totally symmetrical central section complete with a stately columned portico, keystone, accented windows, and a hipped roof with eyebrow-arched dormers. The portico's copper roof provides a modern touch, and the side extensions break with tradition by varying in size.
- Entering, you step into a regal two-story foyer where a stairway wraps around the right side. On the left, slender columns flank the wide opening to a living room with a brick fireplace and den access. On the right, double doors open into a large dining room. Built-in hutches fill the alcoves on both sides of the second fireplace.
- A spacious, well appointed kitchen is at the home's core. Counters and cupboards line the walls, and the work island provides additional work and storage space. The high capacity stove boasts six burners.
- From the sink, you can gaze past the raised conversation bar into the richly windowed nook and beyond. Mirror image sliders open onto partially covered patios on two sides. Doors or short passageways link the kitchen to the family room, dining room, and office. A large utility room and three-car garage are just a few steps further.
- The high-ceilinged family room is as bright and spacious as they come. Its bowed bay windows are crowned by a row of transoms. Slender windows stand sentinel on both sides of the fireplace, and a home entertainment center fills one wall.
- Five bedrooms are upstairs, plus a bonus room and four bathrooms. A fourth fireplace warms the luxury master suite, which has a huge walk-in closet and an elegant bathroom with a large soaking tub.