Colonial with Arched and Columned Entry Porch
About This Plan
- This design is a colonial-style home plan with side add-ons. Its symmetrical central section has all the right touches, from the arched and columned entry porch, to shuttered multi-paned windows and attic dormers.
- Inside, the layout is a blend of classic styling and contemporary amenities, starting with the elegant curved staircase that sweeps up the left side of the lofty two-story foyer. Move past it to step through an arch into a bright living room with a wide hearth.
- Columns flank another arched opening that leads to an elegant dining room with interesting ceiling detailing. Double doors on the foyer's opposite side open into a den which connects to the master suite. This room could serve as a home office, study or computer room.
- Family room, kitchen and nook flow together in a bright and spacious informal living space. The kitchen offers a wealth of storage and work areas, including a central work island with veggie sink, and a walk-in pantry. In the family room, a large entertainment center and small beverage bar fill one wall.
- One powder room nestles in the passageway to the dining room. Another is at the far end of a utility room that connects with the three-car garage. A second stairway provides alternate access to the four bedrooms, three bathrooms, bonus and storage rooms upstairs.
- Large and luxurious, the home plan's master suite boasts two roomy walk-in closets, a Jacuzzi tub, oversized shower, private toilet and twin vanities.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 4,051 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,483 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,568 sq. ft.
- Storage: 199 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 5
- Full bathrooms: 4
- Half bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 74' 6"
- Depth: 62' 0"
- Max ridge height: 31' 6"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 776 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 7 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss