Comfortable Informal Contemporary
About This Plan
- The house plan is a mid-size contemporary home designed for families who prefer comfortable, informal living spaces. The bayed front-facing room can be outfitted as a dining room. Or it could just as easily be a den.
- Great room, nook and kitchen flow together. All are large, and all but the kitchen have lofty vaulted ceilings. Windows line most of the rear wall. The space filled by the fireplace is the widest unglassed expanse. Sliders in the nook open onto a patio that spans the entire rear of the home and is also accessible from the master suite.
- Expanded by a windowed alcove, the nook is exceptionally bright. Kitchen amenities include an angled eating bar, efficient design, plenty of counter space, and built-in appliances.
- Enter through the garage, and you can step right into a tiny bathroom or the laundry room. The bathroom is equally close to the front door, and handy to the kitchen as well.
- The vaulted master suite is the only bedroom on the ground floor. It has a large walk-in closet, double vanity, and separately enclosed tub, toilet and shower.
- Two more bedrooms are upstairs, where they share a third bathroom. A storage closet is at the top of the stairs. The home plan's front bedroom is tucked under a dormer with a boxed bay that could be outfitted as a window seat. This room also has a walk-in closet.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,785 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,290 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 495 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 48' 0"
- Depth: 53' 0"
- Max ridge height: 23' 8"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 474 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 7 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss