Compact 3 Bed Cottage House Plan
About This Plan
- A vaulted foyer runs up the center of this compact 3 bed cottage house plan, leading family and friends directly into a vaulted, richly glassed great room.
- Out front, slender columns sit atop squared bases clad with brick veneer, bounding the leading edge of a wide covered porch. Corbels accent the apexes of three front-facing gables that flow together in a neat line on the right. Each gable reaches its apex at a different level, then angles off to create separate yet parallel roof lines that extend to the left.
- Windows flank the gas fireplace that graces the rear of the great room, while a dining area fills the right side. Wide sliding glass doors there provide easy access to a covered patio, which could be screened if desired, for pest-free outdoor dining. The dining area is also open to the kitchen.
- A peninsular counter marks the dining room/kitchen boundary. Its raised eating/conversation bar is handy for serving up quick meals and snacks. In addition, parents can easily supervise homework done here while they cook dinner. The walk-in pantry and pass-through utility room are both exceptionally spacious for a home this size. The kitchen-garage link assures that the process of unloading groceries will always be easy, comfortable and safe.
- Sleeping quarters and bathrooms fill the entire left side. The owners' suite boasts a deep walk-in closet plus a bathroom with a spa tub and dual vanity. The bathroom and closet create a sound buffer between the adult sleeping area and secondary bedrooms.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,610 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,610 sq. ft.
- Covered Patio: 88 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 197 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 43' 0"
- Depth: 61' 0"
- Max ridge height: 20' 2"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 478 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss