Compact And Open House Plan
About This Plan
- Brick veneer gives a look of solid permanence to this compact and efficient home plan with a spacious great room at its heart. An arched window filled with glass blocks adds a unique dash of grace and charm to the front facade.
- Entering, you step into a vaulted entry with a coat closet to the right, kitchen/dining room access on the left. A pocket door slides closed to conceal the cooking and dining area.
- The great room, too, is vaulted, and open to the kitchen. At waist level, a peninsular counter marks the boundary. Overhead, a high plant or display shelf spans the juncture, where the vaulted ceiling transitions to an eight-foot-high kitchen ceiling.
- Sliding glass doors at the rear open into a wide screened porch, ideal for outdoor dining.
- The kitchen/dining room is surprisingly spacious and the utilities are handy, but out of sight, tucked in a pass-through space that connects with the garage. Groceries can be unloaded safely and conveniently, moving directly from garage to kitchen.
- Master suite amenities include twin linen closets and a large walk-in closet. Soft light filters into the bathroom through glass blocks. Secondary bedrooms, or a bedroom and a study, share a bathroom on the opposite side of the house.
- The roof has a primary pitch of 6:12.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,349 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,349 sq. ft.
- Screened Porch: 160 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 44' 0"
- Depth: 58' 0"
- Max ridge height: 17' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 400 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12