Compact Country Home
About This Plan
- This compact country design offers a private bathroom for each of its three bedrooms, plus a powder room off the living room. Ten-foot ceilings on the first floor, and nine-foot ceilings upstairs, engender a sense of spaciousness.
- The pleasant, well-balanced front elevation features two gabled dormers centered over a columned front porch.
- A fireplaced living room is located on one side of the central staircase, which takes you up to the second story. At the top of the stairs, two linen closets flank a convenient clothes drop. Both bedrooms feature built-in desks in the dormer area.
- Downstairs, the L-shaped, islanded kitchen forms one large space with the living room and the dining area. A peninsula counter in the kitchen includes a cooktop and an eating bar.
- The luxurious master suite features a generous walk-in closet and a compartmented bathroom with garden tub, separate shower and his and her vanities. The bath opens to the screened porch.
- Foundation options: slab or crawl space. With minor modifications, a basement plan can be derived from the crawl space option.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,851 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,214 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 637 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 304 sq. ft.
- Screened Porch: 306 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Width: 38' 0"
- Depth: 48' 0"
- Max ridge height: 24' 8"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick