Compact Farmhouse Plan Design
About This Plan
- This farmhouse plan squeezes space-efficient features into its compact design. A cozy front porch opens into a vaulted great room and its adjoining dining room.
- Twin dormer windows above flood this area with natural light and accentuate the high ceilings.
- A warm hearth in the great room adds to its coziness. The U-shaped kitchen has a breakfast bar open to the dining room and a sink overlooking a flower box. A nearby side-door access is found in the handy laundry room.
- Vaulted bedrooms are positioned along the back of the house plan. They contain wall closets and share a full bath with a soaking tub.
- An open-rail staircase leads to the basement, which can be developed into living or sleeping space at a later time, if needed.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,064 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,064 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 1,064 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 156 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Full bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement, Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 38' 0"
- Depth: 34' 0"
- Max ridge height: 21' 0"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 4 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick