Compact Four Bedroom Plan
About This Plan
- This home plan is a compact, four-bedroom plan with graceful wooden posts to support the roof extension and covers the front porch.
- A gas fireplace creates a focal point on the outer wall, and nearby, a stairway winds up the far wall.
- The C-shaped kitchen at the rear is entirely open to the dining area. Sliding glass doors open to provide patio access.
- The patio could be roofed and screened, if desired.
- Utilities and a step-in pantry are mere steps away, in a pass-through room that links the house to the garage.
- The master suite, folding doors conceal a wide, walk-in closet. The sleeping area offers direct access to a bathroom, complete with combined tub and shower.
- Three more bedrooms and a bonus room are upstairs, along with a second bathroom. Bedroom three has a walk-in closet. Two more closets are in the hallway, one for linen, and the other for general storage.
- The bonus room over the garage is fairly large-20 feet deep-with sloping ceilings along the sides and access is from the second floor hallway. It could be used for storage, a home office, hobby room, music studio, or whatever suits.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,496 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 907 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 589 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 378 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 71 sq. ft.
- Covered Patio: 96 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 39' 0"
- Depth: 40' 0"
- Max ridge height: 23' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 457 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 4 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss