Compact Home Plan for Sloping Lot
About This Plan
- With its drive-under garage, this compact one-story home works well on a sloping lot. Inside, the clever separation of the main living area from the bedrooms makes the house seem larger than its square footage.
- From the covered front porch, big enough for sitting and rocking, you enter the family room, adorned with a fireplace and a vaulted ceiling . This area flows into the dining room, filled with light flowing in from its window wall and opening to the rear porch.
- The U-shaped kitchen includes plenty of counter space and is convenient to the laundry room.
- A recessed ceiling and walk-in closet in the bedroom, as well as a deluxe compartmented bath, make the master suite special. The bath includes a linen closet, his and her sinks set at an angle, and separate tub and shower. The other bedrooms are serviced by the second full bath, also with linen closet.
- Foundation: basement and drive-under garage.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,496 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,496 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 162 sq. ft.
- Porch, Rear: 79 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 752 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Width: 46' 0"
- Depth: 42' 0"
- Max ridge height: 19' 0"
- Type: Drive Under
- Area: 744 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick