Compact House Plan With Cottage Charm
About This Plan
- Multipaned window uppers and tapered columns are the most immediately noticeable Craftsman features. Wide eave overhangs and decorative gable accents are two more. The columns sit atop eye-catching framed-out bases with shake siding set inside the frames.
- A multipaned sidelight runs along the right-hand side of a front door that has small panes of glass sparkling near the top, and a transom window above.
- Bedrooms are located along the right side of the home, while a wide open gathering space fills the rear.
- Light spills into the living/dining room through two large expanses of glass. The dining room windows are actually wide sliding glass doors that offer access to a partially covered patio, which could be extended and screened, if desired.
- Standing at the kitchen's range, you can survey the rear yard and the gathering space. You can also serve up breakfast, lunch, snacks, and the like, to family and friends seated at the raised eating bar in front of you.
- Laundry appliances are nearby in the utility room. Because it is also a pass-through link to the garage, the utility room can serve as a mudroom. The owners' suite has a deep walk-in closet and its own bathroom. Closing the pocket door creates a totally private toilet cubicle.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,500 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,500 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 41' 0"
- Depth: 59' 0"
- Max ridge height: 22' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 474 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss