Compact Ranch with Lots of Features
About This Plan
- Bright, compact and efficient, this country ranch home plan makes excellent use of space, and offers several features not often found in smaller homes. The most notable of these are a guest suite, an electronic security center, three bathrooms, and a recycling center.
- The big country kitchen has a wide garden window and a full pantry with plenty of room. Range and oven are built into an eating bar that borders on the dining room. Handy for warming, it also doubles as a buffet for more formal meals.
- A recycling center is built into one wall with counter space and cupboards over the pass-through bins.
- By combining the dining and living rooms, the designers have given the area a spacious feeling. Triple sliding glass doors open onto a small deck.
- The master bedroom has a bay window, a triangular-shaped walk-in closet, and a shower with no tub, for easier and safer access.
- The other bedroom is located at the opposite end of the house. Utilities are hidden behind pocket doors in a room that could be used for guests, hobbies, sewing, exercise or even as an office.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,499 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,499 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 50' 0"
- Depth: 50' 0"
- Max ridge height: 17' 3"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 480 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss
- 1st Floor Master Suite
- Sloping Lot