Compact Woodsy Home
About This Plan
- Distinctive cedar battens and trim accent this home plan's wooden siding, giving a clean-lined, woodsy look to this compact home. The slender sidelight and porch support post both echo and complement the vertical line theme, which neatly frames the grid work doors.
- This compact, three-bedroom, two-bathroom plan fits neatly on a narrow lot, and is as economical to build as it is to maintain. If needed, it could be easily adapted for wheelchair accessibility.
- Family living areas flow together in one bright, expansive space that fills the entire right side; bedrooms, bathrooms, and a laundry alcove fill the left. A coat closet is on the right side of the entry, opposite a door providing direct access to the garage.
- Natural light is abundant throughout. It washes into the living and dining areas through wide windows, and into the kitchen through a smaller window that fronts the sink.
- A raised eating bar marks the boundary between the kitchen and dining area. The kitchen's ample counter and cupboard spaces include a step-in pantry.
- The master suite boasts a walk-in closet and oversized shower. Windows face the rear, offering added privacy along with a pleasant view of the back yard.
- The side bedrooms share another bathroom, which is outfitted with a combination tub and shower. The laundry appliances that hide behind accordion doors in the hallway are conveniently close to bedrooms and bathrooms.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,237 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,237 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 30' 0"
- Depth: 64' 0"
- Max ridge height: 14' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 459 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 4 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss