About This Plan
- This house plan is designed for a lot that slopes gently to the rear. With minimal excavation, the home could also be built on level ground.
- It's a split-level plan that puts utilities, a workshop, and parking for two cars and a R.V. on the lowest level. The generously sized utility room has counter space, cabinets and a deep sink. A small bathroom is easily accessible from the back yard.
- Public spaces and the owners' suite, all bright, airy rooms with vaulted ceilings, are at mid-level, half a flight up from the garage. The comfortable kitchen has a garden window and counters on four sides. Conveniences include a pantry and lazy susan shelving in the corners. Sliding glass doors brighten the dining room and provide easy access to a railed deck.
- Skylights add to the illumination in a living room with a corner woodstove. Brickwork behind and beneath the stove radiates warmth into the dining room, living room and master suite long after flames turn to embers.
- The master suite is large enough for a desk or sitting area, in addition to a bed and dresser. A skylight brightens the huge walk-in closet and the master bath has a jacuzzi tub, oversized shower and enclosed toilet.
- The hobby room, guest room and study/loft are a half-flight up from the main floor. A large linen closet and sky lit bathroom serve this level while the sky lit loft overlooks the living room. The front facing guest room has a large closet.
- Built-in cabinets line two walls of the huge hobby room, ideal for an artist or craftsperson. It could also be converted to a bedroom, recreation room or office space, if needed.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,182 sq. ft.
- Lower Level: 160 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,022 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 84' 0"
- Depth: 34' 0"
- Max ridge height: 25' 1"
- Type: Drive Under
- Area: 1270 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss