Contemporary Design Features Sunken Living Room
About This Plan
- Wood adds its warmth to the contemporary features of this solar design.
- Generous use of southern glass doors and windows, an air-lock entry, skylights and a living room fireplace reduce energy needs.
- R-26 insulation is used for floors and sloping ceilings. Decking rims the front of the home and gives access through sliding glass doors to a bedroom/den area and living room.
- The dining room lies up several steps from the living room and is separated from it by a half-wall.
- The dining room flows into the kitchen through an eating bar.
- A second floor landing balcony overlooks the living room.
- Two bedrooms, one with its own private deck, and a full bath finish the second level.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,487 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 911 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 576 sq. ft.
- Deck: 304 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 48 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 1
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 32' 0"
- Depth: 34' 0"
- Max ridge height: 29' 0"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick