Contemporary Design Features Sunken Living Room
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Wood adds its warmth to the contemporary features of this solar design.
- Generous use of southern glass doors and windows, an air-lock entry, skylights and a living room fireplace reduce energy needs.
- R-26 insulation is used for floors and sloping ceilings. Decking rims the front of the home and gives access through sliding glass doors to a bedroom/den area and living room.
- The dining room lies up several steps from the living room and is separated from it by a half-wall.
- The dining room flows into the kitchen through an eating bar.
- A second floor landing balcony overlooks the living room.
- Two bedrooms, one with its own private deck, and a full bath finish the second level.