Contemporary Family Home Plan
About This Plan
- This sprawling house plan is a contemporary home designed to meet the needs of growing families.
- High-usage living spaces - kitchen, family room and dining room - are at its core. Master suite and living room, areas where quiet are usually most appreciated, are in the front wing, well away from the high energy sounds and activities of family living.
- Two other bedrooms, each with a built-in desk, are adjacent to the kitchen and family room. Both have direct access to a compartmentalized bathroom that offers privacy to two people at once - a boon to families with teens.
- The house plan offers a choice of three eating environments, with the dining room at the formal end of the spectrum, the richly windowed nook for everyday meals, and the totally informal eating bar for snacks. Amenities in the huge kitchen include range and oven in a central work island, a second oven, generous counter space, a walk-in pantry, microwave and dishwasher. Utilities are out of sight, tucked in an alcove with a window.
- Double doors in the family room open onto a deck. Placement of the fireplace allows it to warm the kitchen as well as the family room.
- Both the living room and master suite have vaulted ceilings and are dramatically illuminated by custom-designed arch-top windows. The huge master suite features a large walk-in closet and vanities in two separate areas. One has a shower and water closet; the other boasts a spa tub.
- Walls in the living and dining rooms include some interesting angles. This home plan also has a skylit entry and a media room or study, which could be used as a home office.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,630 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,630 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 81' 0"
- Depth: 72' 0"
- Max ridge height: 21' 2"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 594 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss