Contemporary Home for Sloping Lot
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- This contemporary design takes full advantage of a side-to-side slope to create a home with four separate levels, each a half-flight up from the last.
- Not surprisingly, the garage is on the lowest level. Most of the family living area, including living room, dining room, kitchen and utilities are on level two. The family room is on level three, and sleeping rooms are at the top. All four levels center around a lofty sky lit entry foyer, partially encircled by railed stairways and open to the ceiling at the top.
- An eating bar angles out from the kitchen work island. For more formal meals, this counter doubles as a buffet. Both a powder room and a small utility are conveniently close to the kitchen.
- The 14 by 20 foot family room has its own storage closet, and opens onto a wide balcony that runs the length of the room.
- In the front corner of the owners' sleeping room, a uniquely designed pop-out dormer could be built as a window seat, or left open for a sewing machine or easy chair. Other features in the master suite include a walk-in closet, oversize shower, and twin lavatories. Two other bedrooms share a bathroom with compartmentalized water closet.