Contemporary Home with Curves
About This Plan
- The spectacular entrance to this contemporary home design features a curved portico outside and vaulted foyer bordered by an open circular staircase inside. While the same stately tone carries over into the high-ceilinged formal living room and oval-shaped dining room, the rest of this large contemporary home plan is much more relaxed.
- At its heart is a combined kitchen and family room with a sunny eating nook nestled into a bay window. The L-shaped center island, which houses both a range and a vegetable sink, also doubles as an eating bar. There is plenty of counter and storage space here. Sliding glass door provide access to a deck that wraps around the entire back of the house.
- The master suite is downstairs, separate from the other bedrooms. It features a large walk-in closet and double vanities located outside the water closet. A raised nook could either hold a spa or serve as a small, bright sitting room.
- The utility room has plenty of cupboards, counter space for folding clothes and a fold-down ironing board. Clothing, bed linen and towels, from upstairs, arrive via a laundry chute.
- Three bedrooms, two with large walk-in closets, and two baths complete the second floor.
- Note the workshop/storage area in the garage.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 3,456 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,484 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 972 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 2,935 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 98' 0"
- Depth: 55' 0"
- Max ridge height: 33' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 990 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss