Contemporary Living on One Level
About This Plan
- A huge, sky-lit, high-ceilinged family room/kitchen combination acts as a magnet for attracting family and friends. The exterior of this contemporary home plan gives no clue to the creative use of odd angles within.
- A uniquely shaped family room is located directly in front of the entryway with a cultured brick wall behind the woodstove. The wall is designed to increase energy efficiency by absorbing and holding heat from the woodstove, and then radiating heat back into the room long after the fire dies out.
- The kitchen is visually open to the family room and has an eating nook located at the juncture of the two areas. Sinks are placed in a counter that faces into the family room. A triangular-shaped step-in pantry is next to the nook, and the nearby sliding glass doors provide easy access to the deck, allowing outdoor dining.
- Two bedrooms and a utility room are conveniently close to the kitchen. This arrangement allows parents to process laundry and keep tabs on the kids while working in the kitchen.
- When it's time to relax, the owners can head for their elegant private retreat at the opposite end of the house. Amenities include a vaulted ceiling, a long, dog-leg-shaped walk-in closet and a private bathroom with twin basins and a huge five-sided custom shower.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,902 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,902 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 344 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Basement, Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 60' 0"
- Depth: 50' 0"
- Max ridge height: 19' 6"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 538 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 7 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss