About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- This is a contemporary version of the Prairie home, one of the few indigenous American styles. Frank Lloyd Wright is the style's acknowledged master. Telltale features include: low-pitched roof lines, the massive rectangular piers supporting the covered entry porch and deck, and tall casement windows accented with geometric patterns.
- This home plan is designed to fit into a hillside lot that slopes up and to the right. Its entry porch is reached via the driveway on the left. A set of stepped planters next to the driveway serve as a retaining wall there, opening up access to the covered patio and daylight basement.
- Light washes into the large central gathering space through double doors that lead onto the dramatic covered deck, while wide sliders access an equally large covered patio at the rear. The dining area and kitchen fill the back section of this bright open space, and a stepped-ceilinged great room with gas fireplace is up front.
- A long, raised, wrap-around eating bar sets off the kitchen. Standing at the cook top, you can serve snacks and informal meals directly to the eager eaters seated at the bar, while enjoying a full view of people and activities in the wider area. A good-sized walk-in pantry boosts the already abundant storage capacity.
- The luxurious owners' suite is also on this level, along with a den, which could be used as a home office. Suite amenities include: a deep walk-in closet, French door access to a covered deck, and a posh bathroom with spa tub, walk-in shower, dual vanity, and private toilet. Two more bedrooms are on the lower level, along with a bathroom, storage, and a recreation room complete with a mini-kitchen.