About This Plan
- Battens and shutters give a cottage-like charm to this compact ranch home plan that is economical to build. Designed for construction on a side slope, it could just as easily be built on a flat lot. Plans also call for a full basement, undeveloped space that could be used for storage, or converted to additional living space as needed.
- An airlock entryway, complete with built-in seat, minimizes warm air loss in winter.
- Family living areas are informal. Only a half-wall separates the entry hall from the living room. A woodstove is tucked in a brick-faced corner. In addition to adding visual interest, brick also holds heat and continues to radiate warmth long after a fire has faded to ash.
- The kitchen is next to an area that could be outfitted as either a dining or family room. Range and oven are located in the eating bar - a convenient arrangement for serving meals on the run - and glass double doors open onto a deck. Pocket doors hide a closet cubby, plumbed to handle a washer and dryer. Some families, however, might prefer to put a desk here and keep the family computer where all can have equal access.
- The master bedroom has a bathroom with a shower and the other two bedrooms share a larger bathroom outfitted with a tub.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,388 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,388 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 1,388 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 70' 0"
- Depth: 32' 0"
- Max ridge height: 19' 11"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 529 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 7' 9"
- Primary Pitch: 5 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss
- 1st Floor Master Suite