Contemporary Ranch with Custom Look
About This Plan
- An arched half-round window, capping three huge multi-paned windows, gives a custom look to this contemporary-style ranch home plan.
- Designed as a starter home, the design is well suited to meeting the needs of a young family. The master suite is located within earshot of the other two bedrooms, while the sound separation provided by two bathrooms and closets, offers an element of privacy.
- Family living areas are centrally located. Shelves flank the wide, open fireplace in the window-rich living room. An open-style kitchen is separated from the nook and dining areas by nothing more than a work island.
- Light beaming in through the sliding glass doors brightens the spacious nook, and a pantry offers additional storage space for food. The glass doors open onto a patio while another door, off the right, opens into a utility room.
- Some families will use the space to the left of the kitchen as a dining room. Those who prefer relaxed living space to formality may prefer to outfit it as a family room.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,584 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,584 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 40' 0"
- Depth: 70' 0"
- Max ridge height: 20' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 512 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss