Contemporary Ranch with hexagonal Great Room
About This Plan
- Appears a spacious, contemporary ranch-style residence but inside is an unusual vaulted, hexagonal great room.
- Six pie-shaped ceiling sections rise up to form a peak at the center. Family gathering spaces cluster together below. Bedrooms, bathrooms and utilities are housed in wings to the left and right.
- Windowed on three sides great room along with a gas fire place.
- Sliding glass doors offer access to a large deck, ideal for outdoor dining when temperatures climb. If constructed as designed, on a lot that slopes down at the left rear, the deck will be raised with a daylight basement below.
- The kitchen is V-shaped. Counter extensions bring the two sides closer together, while adding to the already generous work and storage space. The long eating bar that rims the edge nearest the dining area can double as a buffet.
- The master suite include: a huge walk-in closet, luxurious master bath, sitting area, and private deck. The large laundry room is outfitted with a deep sink. A folding door closet here offers additional pantry space, and there's room for a sewing machine.
- The second, or guest bedroom is only slightly smaller then the Master Suite. The bathroom is linked to the garage via a mudroom.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,385 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,385 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 2,292 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Basement, Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 79' 0"
- Depth: 82' 2"
- Max ridge height: 20' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 830 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Courtyard
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss