Contemporary Sloping Lot House Plan
About This Plan
- This informal, contemporary split-level home is perfect for a lot with a gentle upward slope to the rear. Richly windowed at the back, this home allows its owners to appreciate the changing seasons or take full advantage of a vista.
- A two-car garage, with extra space for a workshop, is on the lowest level, along with a storage pad large for an RV or boat. Two bedrooms and a bath are on the highest level, over the garage.
- Family living space, the master suite and a utility room, are at mid-level, a half-flight up from the garage and a half-flight down from the bedrooms.
- One corner of the huge great room is expanded still further by a bay window, creating an eating nook. The great room is also outfitted with a woodstove on a semi-circular hearth and has sliding glass doors that open onto a wide deck.
- The kitchen, which features a work island/snack bar and a small pantry, is only a few steps away from a utility room complete with sink and ironing board.
- In the master suite, another unique projection adds space for a sitting area and offers a view to the back and side. Other amenities include a large walk-in closet and private bath.
- Ceilings: 8' standard.
- Foundation: crawl space.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,636 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,636 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 48' 0"
- Depth: 46' 0"
- Max ridge height: 23' 9"
- Type: Drive Under
- Area: 593 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss
- 1st Floor Master Suite
- MBR Sitting Area
- Sloping Lot