Contemporary Split Level
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- The only room at mid-level, the living room is a world unto itself in this multi-level home design. Here, a 12-foot high ceiling combines with a wall of custom-made multi-paned windows to create a cathedral-like effect.
- The home is designed for construction on a hillside that slopes down toward the street. A two-car garage is at ground level, the living room is at mid-level, and the rest of the home is another half-flight up. From the back, it looks like a single level home.
- The dining room overlooks the living room, separated by nothing more than the change in levels and a graceful railing. The kitchen, family room and master suite are located along the back of the home, and two more bedrooms face the street.
- The family room is every bit as large and bright as the living room, though the ceiling is not as high. Sliding glass doors open onto a wooden deck. There is plenty of space to move around, and plenty of counter space in the adjacent kitchen. Placement of the range top and oven, built right in to the eating bar, make it convenient to serve the living areas.
- The master suite has a huge walk-in closet and a compartmentalized vanity. The other two bedrooms share a bathroom, also outfitted with a separate vanity area, along with linen storage.