Contemporary Vacation Home
About This Plan
- A gambrel, or barn-shaped roofline, large windows and redwood siding give this three-story home plan a contemporary look.
- On the main level, open beams stretching up the sidewalls and to the peak of the high vaulted ceiling of the living room bring the cabin flavor inside. Most shared activities will take place in the great room on this level. Due to the inward sloping interior walls created by the exterior roofline, the kitchen counter along the outside wall is exceptionally deep. Sliding glass doors in the dining room open onto a wide deck.
- A luxurious master suite fills the entire upper level, while two additional bedrooms, a bathroom and a large family room occupy the basement space below. Wide hearths at the far end of both the family room and living room offer warmth.
- Exposed beams also grace the walls and ceilings of the master suite. The sleeping room is separated from the high ceiling of the living room by nothing more than a wide balcony railing, which stretches along the widest edge of the sleeping area.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,328 sq. ft.
- Lower Level: 912 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 912 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 504 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 24' 0"
- Depth: 40' 0"
- Floor / Height: Lower Level / 7' 9" First Floor / 7' 9" Second Floor / 7' 9"
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss